Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review: Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Summary from Goodreads:

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....

My Review:
I have been dying to read this book for so long so I was super excited to get this for my Kindle! The book is about Meg, an I-don't-care kind of girl who lives her life how she wants and can't wait to get out of the small town she lives in.

That is until she meets John After, young cop extraordinaire. Being a real strickler for the rules After is the complete opposite of Meg. After an incident in which Meg and her friends get caught by Officer After he is determined to show them - especially Meg- a lesson.

I loved the plot of this book! It flowed perfectly. It always kept me intrigued and wanting to read more. I also loved the characters! Meg was the perfect protagonist, edgy and spunky. John After complimented her perfectly. Their romance really was what made the book in my opinion. They were always pushing each other's limits, but still sticking together. 

The only downfall of this novel is that when the climax of the story finally came it was a bit of a let down. The book builds and builds but I just kind of felt like it wasn't enough for what I had been expecting. 

Overall it was a great read and I can't wait to read more Jennifer Echols books! 
Grade:
B+

No comments:

Post a Comment