Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Interview : Jus Accardo

Hey guys, I know I've been absent for a while but I have an awesome post today!

Everybody say hello to Jus Accardo.*insert applause here*

I have been fortunate enough to read Jus's novel Touch. My review is notup yet but here's a preview IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Here are some question I wanted to ask Jus and she kindly answered:

1.) How did you first come up with the storyline for Touch?
It just kind of came to me. I was online waiting for coffee and got a
picture in my head of a girl being chased barefoot through the woods.
Everything she touched withered and died. I sat down to write it the next
day and didn't come up for air until it was done. It was all very
sudden--which is how a lot of my ideas work.

2.) While writing, do you ever base your characters on anyone from your
personal life?
I've never based a character on anyone I know, but I'm sure different
traits--realizing it or not--bleed into my writing. I know I;ve caught
myself using some of my husbands one liners several times

3.) Do you have a favorite character? If so, why?
I get so attached to all my characters. I love em for different reasons.
Kale is awesome because he's just so much fun and he's so sweet and
devoted. And Dez is, well, Dez. She's crazysauce and raw, but under it
all, she's just wants to be loved. And then there's Alex. Poor guy always
means well but it never fails to backfire on him. And Ginger has a special
place in my heart, because really, who wouldn't love a smart ass Granny
with a bite like a pit bull :-)


Author's Bio:

Jus Accardo is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy
fiction. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her
husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald. Her first book,
Touch, is due out in November 2011 from Entangled Publishing. She is
represented by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency




Touch Blurb:

When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet,
seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity
to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue
eyes home.

Except there's something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower,
is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she'll
turn to dust if he touches her. It's not until Dez's father shows up,
wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez
realizes there's more to this boy - and her father's "law firm" - than she
realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation - an organization devoted
to collecting "special" kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons -
his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. Dez and Kale team up
with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they're
caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez
has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protect.


Interested in buying Touch? Here's where you can (I highly recommend doing this... you know if you were wondering):

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Denazen-Novel-Book-1/dp/1937044459/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320098205&sr=1-1

Barnes & Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/touch-jus-accardo/1105812249?ean=9781937044459&itm=1&usri=touch%2bby%2bjus%2baccardo




Feeling like contacting the author after you read her awesome novel? :

Website: http://www.jusaccardo.com/

Blog: http://www.jusaccardo.com/category/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment