Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Review: Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith

Title : Kiss Crush Collide
Author : Christina Meredith
Release Date: December 2011

Summary : Leah has the life most high school girls would kill for—popularity, glowing grades, a rich, athletic boyfriend. So why does she feel like she can’t breathe? And why can’t she stop thinking about the boy from the country club? The one who isn’t her boyfriend, the one that her mother would never, ever approve of, the one that her perfect older sisters would never, ever look at twice. The one who is always looking back at her. Irresistible attraction, smoldering glances, the bad boy and the good girl—Kiss Crush Collide has everything that a steamy forbidden romance should, and then some.

Finally a review ! :) I know it's been a while since I've had one of these up,but here I am making it up to you guys ! First off lets start with my grade for Kiss Crush Collide :

C+


When I saw this book my first thought was MUST HAVE ! So that being said I had high expectations, especially since it was being compared to Perfect Chemistry one of my all time favorites.

It wasn't bad, but it did leave me a little disappointed. Being that the book I received is an ARC I guess not everything is set in stone but I felt like everything was incomplete.

Characters:

The story takes place in the point of view of Leah. Her family is very wealthy, and although I didn't mind that aspect of the story at all I did mind the fact that she complained a lot. And I also minded her family. They reminded me of what you'd think would be the typical rich family-kind of snotty, plenty mean. Leah mother especially got under my skin, but in the end I think Christina did good with her characters. They each had their own thing. From all the characters I think my favorites probably were Valerie and Porter. They were very realistic and relatable. Also, Porter's sort of mysterious side drew me in ;)

Plot:

Like I mentioned before I felt this story was incomplete. Although the romance is good it could have been better and there also could have been more of it. I think that Leah and Porter could have interacted more. I felt their relationship was not played out to the fullest. I also felt that a lot of the thing the character's did though out their days were very repetitive. That wasn't a major reason for my score at all, but it's just something I noticed. In the end I believed the plot was good, it just didn't play out that great.


Even though my rating wasn't all that high I still think this book is worth the read. It's a great book to read between heavy books. I read it in one day and don't regret it.

Thank you to Christina Meredith for writing this book

And thank YOU for reading my review ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment