Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review: Meant To Be by Tiffany King

Krista Miller feels like she has lived her entire life in a glass box with her every emotion on display. She can’t help feeling like a defect as her sensitivities have made her socially inept and without any real friends; the one exception being the boy that visits her each night in her dreams.

Krista’s emotions are put to the test when a move to California triggers a devastating change to her fantasy world. The nightly comfort that the boy provides has now become a recurring nightmare as he is taken from her by an unseen force.

Struggling to appear normal, Krista enrolls in a new school and finds it to be nothing like she thought. Her new life is sent spiraling out of control from a strange connection with a boy, Mark, who claims to know all her secrets.

As Krista begins to explore the emotions that Mark evokes in her, secrets about their mysterious past and their predestined purpose threatens to separate them just when they have found each other


                                                 ****

Finally a review! I know it's been a while since I've written one of these, but I thought what better book to review after a long hiatus than this one. 

I'll start off by saying that this book definitely exceeded my expectations. I had been expecting this to be a good read, but not this good. I can honestly say that there were times that I wasn't able to put it down. The book is told in the perspective of Krista, a very emotional teenager. After moving to California a series of events takes place that really turns her world upside down.
  
                                          Grade:
                                            A-

Characters:
When I first start reading a book the first thing I take note in are the characters. Am I able to relate? Can I picture them in my life? I really liked Tiffany's characters. There were times of course that I wasn't able to relate, but only because the story has a paranormal twist to it. But more often than not I pictured our main characters in my world; at my school, at my local park. I especially found myself in Krista's shoes (ohhh Mark <33). While you read you really did feel all of the emotions that Krista felt. You also felt yourself grow with her.

Plot:
I really liked the plot of this book. It's original and doesn't lose your attention. The flow of the story was really nice also. I felt that Tiffany really captured the essence of being a teenager. The one thing that turned me off about the book was that at times it could become a bit predictable. No, it didn't take away from the book though. And to be honest it wasn't a deal breaker for me. With everything else that part was easily over looked.

Cover:
One word : Gorgeous !

I hope you guys enjoyed my review of Meant To Be by Tiffany King. This is a great book filled with romance, action, and the blossom of amazing friendships. Definitely a must read!

1 comment: